Father's Day Card

This card was featured in the June 15th issue of the Cricut Chirp!!!

Hello!

This is my card for my Dad for Father's Day. This was made using Nifty Fifties. Paper is from the DCWV Mod Retro paper stack for all the patterns. I added some Glossy Accents to the "lights" on the sign. The film strip is Tim Holtz. I went over the bumper part of the car with a Krylon silver leaf pen to give it the chrome look.



 
Inside I wanted to continue the drive-in theme. I took the car front from Nifty Fifties and reversed it so the steering wheel would be on the right side as if you were looking at the car from behind. Instead of headlights I used red gems for tailights. I used the silver leaf pen again on the "chrome" parts.

The drive-in screen was what I had a hard time with. Then I ran across this graphic from Kate's Kitchen for the Imagine. It looked to my like something from one of the old theater ads with all the dancing treats telling people to "go to the lobby and have yourself a snack". I pop dotted the ice cream treats over a printed background image.


 
The card is also a pop-up. This is the first card like this I have done-it was fun. The pictures don't do it justice, it really give the card some depth. 



And please let me apologize for the quality of these pics! I'm still learning Photo Shop......and I really need a new camera.....AND I'm still getting the hang of this whole blog thing!

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Ladybug said…
Jen, your blog is simply adorable. Love all of your creations, esp. this card. Awesome!!

Didn't take me long to click on "follow me". :-)

Looking forward to seeing more!! :-)
Jennifer Palmer said…
Thanks Ladybug! I really had fun making this one. I love all things retro!
Kendra said…
Loved the card, very inspiring..I will try a pop up card now! You do a great job, thanks for sharing!
Chasn Paper said…
Great Card! I love your blog! I just started one recently also. Keep up the good work!
Lolis said…
Jen, your blog is my new favorite blog!WOW! your projects are awesome! Thanks for sharing! your new follower:)
Kathryn said…
Fantastic Card!!! It is fun and love the colors. TFS
Jennifer Palmer said…
Thank you all for the kind words! This is probably one of my favorites that I've done. If only I got inspired like this more often! :)
Dayna Sabrina said…
This is a very nice card! You did great work here. Congrats on your Cricut chirp mention! Sabrina - sabrioletdesigns.blogspot.com
Maria Elena said…
Super cute card !
Have a great Tuesday ;)
~Maria Elena~
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Popular Posts