Brainz.....

First off I need to explain a few things. My husband is obsessed....OBSESSED....with zombies. I won't get in to the details but I am really starting to think he needs help. He was one inspiration for this card.

The other is this silly game I play on my iPhone and on my computer. I've beat it countless times and I still love it. Plants vs. Zombies. I'm sure some of you have seen it. It cracks me up. On the computer version it has a hand that pops out of a grave and when you start a level it always says "They're coming". So - here is my ZOMBIE card!



Of course, there are no zombies on any cricut cartridges so I had to improvise. I used CCR to get the basics (See screen below). Rather than try to do a full zombie I went for the hand in the grave. I used the hand from Makin' the Grade. The edge of the sleeve is from Elegant Edges. The base of the sleeve is just a rectangle from George and Basic Shapes. The grass is one of the borders on Paper Doll Dress Up and the dirt is the cloud border from the same cartridge. The little zombie sign you see in the upper right corner is from Mini Monsters.

My letterings is from Cuttin' Up. It's a fun, all purpose font cartridge. Rather than weld the letters together I left them separate so that I could layer them on the card. I accented them with a white gel pen. It's one of those techniques that I love the look of and then usually forget to do on my projects!

I inked all the grass layers with the new Tim Holtz seasonal distress ink Gathered Twigs. If you can still get your hands on these inks, DO! The colors are great! After the sleeve was cut I lightly tore the edges of the paper to give it a tattered look. I sanded the cuff for the same effect. The grass layers I lightly bent out the edges after I adhered them to the card. The layer directly on top of the dirt is popped and the bottom is adhered flat on the card.

To make the hand look all gross, I lightly went around the edges with Fired Brick Distress Ink and then added random slashes of ink using the corner of the ink pad.

Inside is just a couple of squares, layer to give you a place to sign the card. And my little zombie sign - in case you didn't know what was coming for you!

Supplies:

Tim Holtz Seasonal Distress Ink: Gathered Twigs
Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Fired Brick, Black Soot

Comments

Jen R said…
So fun and very creative...my husband is a Zombie fan too. He is excited that Walkinkg Dead is coming back on AMC tonight. LOL

http://myimagitivity.blogspot.com
Jen
AliciaP said…
I love this! Back in college I was obsessed with all things zombie after I played a resident evil video game. I may scrap lift this for a layout I'm doing. Thanks for the idea!

Popular Posts