CCI Week #10 - Cookie, Monster?

This week over at Creative Critterz Imaginations our theme was goodie bags. I decided to do two different styles, both very simple. 


First off I made a very simple bag topper. I used a scalloped rectangle from the stock images on the Cricut Imagine. I flood filled it with a pattern from Imagine More Cards. I then sized my monster from Mini Monsters to 3" and filled his layers with colors and patterns from Imagine More Cards. The "treats" badge is also from Mini Monsters. This is just attached to the top of a regular sandwich bag. (I filled the bag with cookies because I had no Halloween candy on hand!)


The monster and the logo are pop dotted to give the tag some dimension but they could be adhered flat as well. I added google eyes because they're cute!


For my second treat container I used the square window box from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More. I cut this from plain, pink cardstock using the Imagine. I think most people forget that it can cut without printing. To do this just don't add color to your images when you add them to the mat. The machine will skip printing and just cut.

I colored this monster with colors and patterns from Blast Off, which has much more bold colors. I adhered a square of acetate inside the window.


Since I wanted the window on this box to be on top, I had to turn it so the opening is on the side. A little strange, I know, but it works!


My cookies are stacked in cupcake papers to keep them from in place and to make it easy to get them in and out of the box. This also helps keep and oils from the cookies from bleeding through your box (As anybody who has made cupcake wrappers can attest to), and making it look icky.



Comments

Popular Posts