CCI Week #12 - A Great Pumpkin (Card)!

This week over at CCI our theme was Halloween cards. As you know I've been making TONS of Halloween cards this year. They're so fun and the possibilities are endless. I mean, seriously - when else can you put a zombie on a card and get away with it?

Here is this week's project.


The little pumpkins are from Mini Monsters. I love this cartridge and have really used it a lot this Halloween. I filled the pumpkins with colors and patterns from Blast Off. That orange checked pattern is really a great one for Halloween. To make the vines I used a flourish from Home Accents Solutions. I printed and cut three of these and cut parts of them to manipulate them into the look I wanted. The are layed on top of, between and behind my pumpkins to give the card some dimension.


The little sentiment at the top actually came from the paper I used for my card base. It's an old Fancy Pants Design paper I found in my stash. I thought it would work great for my card. My moon in the far corner is just a circle of white cardstock that I inked to give it that harvest moon coloring.

Inside is the little Trick of Treat title from Mini Monsters. I had something kind of unexpected happen on this. When I print and cut the wording, I *think* I was supposed to used the outside edges of the letters because it cut around the words. But because of the size I used they were of course too tiny and fragile get off the mat in one piece. But what resulted was this kind of cool looking lettering you see below.

Comments

bex said…
Very cute!
TFS:0)

Popular Posts