Wicked Halloween

I've said it before - I love Halloween! Today I have a fairly simple Halloween card for you. I do quite a few cards for Halloween. My mom has always sent me a Halloween goodie box since I first left home (I'm now 36) and my sisters and I usually send each other cards if not little Halloween goodies.


I kept this card fairly simple. I used the Close to My Heart September stamp of the month. This is actually the first CTMH set I've bought in a long, long time. I saw the witch on this and couldn't resist!


I used Tim Holtz Kraft Glassine paper and red Staz-On ink to stamp the background. Once it's stamped, carefully heat it with you heat tool and it pulls the ink underneath the coating on the paper. It's really cool. I then stamped the witch, cat, and border with black Staz-On and repeated the heating process. I stamped the little sentiment onto a scrap of red cardstock that matched the red ink and tore the edges before inking them with some Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink. I also tore and inked the edges of the kraft paper (after stamping) and also crumpled it to give it an aged look.


Inside, I stamped the sentiment, broom, and hat, all from the CTMH set with New England Ivy CTMH ink. I then inked the edges of the white cardstock with the Tea Dye distress ink before lightly inking over the rest of the card to give it a weathered look.

See - Simple!

I'll be posting some more cards over the next couple of weeks and may throw in another Halloween project or two along the way! Be sure and check back!

Supplies:
DCVW Green card base
Close To My Heart September Stamp of the Month, 2011
Tim Holtz Kraft Glassine Paper
Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink
Close To My Heart Ink: New England Ivy
Staz-On Ink: Red and Black

Comments

Popular Posts