Stamped Candle

Hello!

I've really been ignoring my blog lately. I've had a nasty cold for the last two weeks and before that my sister was in town visiting. That sounds like some good excuses, right?

I'm slowly getting back in my groove and I have a very simple candle for you today.


These are really fun to do and only take a few minutes. All you need is a plain pillar candle, but you can also do this on votives for something smaller, a sheet of plain tissue paper, stamps and a sheet of waxed paper.

You start out by stamping the images you want on your candle on the tissue paper. For this I used two border stamps from Close To My Heart. Once your images are stamped, trim around them leaving a border. It doens't have to be exact.

Position the stamped tissue paper on the candle and tightly wrap with the waxed paper. Using your heat tool, heat the waxed paper until it starts to melt and you can see the stamped image clearly thru the waxed paper. Be careful not to overheat it or you will melt the candle. Let cool for about a minute and then carefully peel off the waxed paper. The tissue paper will be absorbed into the candle and sealed with the wax from the waxed paper.


To get the multi-colored effect on my trees I took three different stamp pads and randomly tapped them on my stamp, overlapping in places.

The sentiment on the candle is also from a Close To My Heart stamp set.

Comments

Amy E said…
This is SUCH a cool idea!! I've never seen it before. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Amy E.
scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

Popular Posts