A Disney Frame

Hello!

Today I have a Christmas but not Christmas project for you. A friend asked me to make some frames for her kids for Christmas. She's giving them tickets to Disney World and wanted a fun way to present them that they can also use later for a favorite picture from the trip.


I decided to use a shallow shadow box frame for this project. This allowed me a little more freedom with the design of the project. Also, when the girls get back from their trip if they have other little mementos from the trip they can add them to their frame.


The castle was cut from a Disney themed paper and covered with an epoxy button from Joann's. I've had theses forever - They're about 1.75" wide. (And I don't get my Epiphany Crafts Shape Studios until Christmas....) The castle is adhered using pop dots. The little stars are Recollections from Michaels.

Just a fun little fact - when I first got my Cricut the first cartridge I successfully cut and layered an image from was the Mickey & Friends cartridge. I couldn't make a simple flower from Walk In My Garden work but I could get one of these with what seems like a million pieces put together....geez.....


Mickey is attached to the background using pop dots. 


The ticket will have a note printed on it for the final project. I didn't want to add that for the posting....just in case! The ticket is attached using repositionable adhesive so it can easily be removed later.


This is probably my favorite element of this whole project. The vinyl lettering is stuck to the inside of the glass. More below.....


Using my Gypsy, I sized the two layers for the vinyl and the reversed the direction. I then cut them so that the finished side of the vinyl is the "backwards" side.


When it is taken off the mat and turned over the adhesive side is the side that will be attached to the glass. This way the vinyl is on the inside of the frame.


I pulled the backing off the shadow and then layered the black letters on top of the sticky side.


I then peeled the backing off the black letters.


I positioned in on the inside of the frame and used my scraping tool to burnish the vinyl and fully adhere it.


There you go! It adds a fun little dimensional element to the project.



Supplies:

Shadowbox Frame - Michael's
Vinyl - Black and White, Cricut
Epoxy Button - Joann
Stars - Recollections from Michaels
Cardstock - The Paper Company, American Crafts
Patterned Paper - Creative Imaginations 6x6 Magic Paper Pad

Comments

Anonymous said…
SUPER CUTE! I love the shadowbox frames...I bought a couple on sale recently to play around with!
Melissa Sears said…
OOPS! That last comment was from me...I don't know why my name didn't appear! I must not have put it in....sorry!

Popular Posts