Once Upon A Time...

Hi there!

So I started this project like 2 weeks ago and got sidetracked. I finally finished it off today! I wanted to make the castle from SVG Cuts Wet N Wild kit as soon as it came out and hadn't had time to play with it until now. This is another fun, 3-D project that you can light up with a little LED candle.


Even though the castle was designed as a sand castle (and comes with all kinds of cute little shells and things) I wanted to make it as more of a medieval fantasy castle. How cute would this as a centerpiece for a fairy tale themed birthday party? I used my Cuttlebug and the Mosaic embossing folder to emboss the stone pattern on all the panels of the castle.


The two more intricate vines and the little mushrooms are from SVG Cuts Cheryl's Cute Bugs kit. The thin vines are from Sizzix's Edges cartridge for the eClips. With all the fun SVG files available it's easy to forget there are cartridges available for the eClips. I have like 5 of them (compared to my 100+ Cricut cartridges). The Edges cartridge is probably my favorite. It has some really fun borders that you can cut up to 24" wide.


Using ECAL, I laid out some little bushes using welded circles. The little flowers are one of the stock shapes in the ECAL program. I cut the accent leaves from the large vines a second time to add some leaves to my bushes.



I continued the small vines around to the back since this is a 3-D project. On the back you can see the opening to put your LED candles in. This project lights up best with 3 candles inside.


And here is the final project all lit up!


Supplies:

SVG Cuts Wet N Wild Kit
SVG Cuts Cheryl's Cute Bugs Kit
Sizzix eClips Edges Cartridge
Bazzill Cardstock
Vellum
Tim Holtz Forest Moss Distress Ink, Fired Brick Distress Ink
Cuttlebug Mosaic Embossing Folder


Comments

Jan Hunter said…
very, very nice and I love that you incorporated the use of an Eclips cart too. I don't use mine very often either since I'm so hooked on SVGCuts' files.
Carolyn/MamaC said…
Wow, I am glad you finished this project and posted it! Absolutely wonderful...and a tealight cover, too! Great work!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
cccscraproom@gmail.com

Popular Posts