Keep Your Lip Zipped

Happy Thursday!

It's August again so I have birthday cards on the brain. I have FOUR family members with birthdays in August and my parents' anniversary (39 years!) so I make a lot of cards this month! This week for A Jillian Vance Design I'm playing around with the new Zipper {die}vice Die. This thing is AWESOME and totally unlike anything else out there.


Using eCAL and my Sizzix eClips I used basic shapes to weld together a file folder shaped card. I sized it to the width of the Zipper die. After running it through my Cuttlebug I laid it flat to stamp it with the Zipper Icons Stamp Set. I finished off the inside of the card and the closed it up.


How does this work? See that little tab sticking out up there? You just pull it and the card opens up.


Inside, I've added the {die}signer Pocket that I've stamped with the Big Money stamp set and added one of the birthday stamps from Basically Birthdays. 


To put this together, I used some repositionable adhesive on the sides of the folder below the bottom of the zipper. I glued the top of the folder above the zipper so that it would stay affixed once the card was opened.




Supplies:
A Jillian Vance Design Zipper {die}vice
A Jillian Vance Design {die}signer Pocket Die
A Jillian Vance Design Zipper Icons Stamp Set
A Jillian Vance Design Basically Birthdays Stamp Set
A Jillian Vance Design Big Money Stamp Set
Bazzill Cardstock
Tim Holtz Red Brick Distress Ink
American Crafts Black Ink
Plaid Mod Podge Repositionable Glue



Comments

Linda said…
I have to tell you that these zipper cards are so cute that I just went to that website and ordered it! I couldn't help myself. Thanks for sharing :-)

Linda

Popular Posts