Photo Board

Hi there!

Today for A Jillian Vance Design I'm playing with the {die}velop Foto Frames and {die}alogue Bubble Die Set.  I came up with a different use for the die to do a fun project for a junior high or high school student for their bedroom or locker.


I have made a photo board. I found a cute little cork board at Target for $2.50. The frames can all be moved around and the pictures changed out as often as you want.


To start, I cut the frames out of some thin plastic I found at Hobby Town in the model train section. It's about the same thickness as cardstock but will hold up to repeated handling. I cut two layer of black cardstock 1/4" larger than the frames for my base. I used thin Scor-Tape and ran in around three sides of the  Foto Frame, leaving one side open to slip a picture in or out. I then adhered it to a piece of black cardstock. I stamped a sentiment from the {die}velop Everyday Fotos Stamp set on the front using black Staz-On ink.


I took the second piece of black cardstock and added glue dots to the corners.


I pushed a flat thumbtack through the center of the glue dot. The glue dot will help hold the tack in place.


On the back of the frame, I added some pop dots and then adhered it to the piece with the tacks.


You end up with a frame that had a little bit of dimension to it and you move around on the cork board.


I used a distress ink pad to color the cork board.


And I finished it off with a twine pom-pom in my high school's colors and their letters cut from Cricut's Lite Varsity Letters cartridge.



Supplies:
A Jillian Vance Design {die}velop Foto Frames and {die}alogue Bubble Die Set
A Jillian Vance Design {die}velop Everyday Fotos Stamp Set
Tim Holtz Red Brick Distress Ink
Evergreen Scale Models 0.4mm Thick Styrene Sheets
Black Staz-On Ink
The Twinery Baker's Twine
Cardstock: Bazzill


Comments

Popular Posts